From time to time, your mental health needs may start to change or other problems can arise in your life. In those difficult times, Support Services can help by providing early intervention. Our skilled mental health team will help you manage distress, build coping strategies for healthy community living, and reduce the need for hospitalization.
- We can help you figure out what counselling you need, what support services you can get from us, or we can refer you to other services in the community.
- Support Services also offers group sessions and psychoeducational programs, such as:
A weekly program which can help you to manage your symptoms and build coping skills.
- Relaxation Group
A weekly restorative yoga practice which includes targeted poses to assist with relaxation, deep breathing and meditation.
- Rewired Program
Rewired teaches basic CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) principles to help manage depression and/or anxiety. Our trained staff will help you apply a practical approach throughout the program. This course runs for 6-weeks.
Knowing how to use leisure time and taking part in recreational activities are very important for mental health and overall well being. That’s why our Recreation Services provides many ways for you to have fun and de-stress in a welcoming, safe, supportive environment that’s informal and flexible.
We know our clients have diverse interests and needs. As such, Recreation Services provides a range of social and structured recreational activities.
- You determine your own level involvement.
- This program is open-ended, so if it fits your needs, you can choose to participate on an ongoing basis.
- Check out this month’s calendar for details of activities and how to sign up.
Support and Recreation Services (SRS) is an ongoing program that’s available 365 days a year, 7 days a week, from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.